Here are area restaurants with 7 or more priority or critical health code violations, with highlighted links to some original public record reports by city or county health inspectors.
Restaurants correct most violations at the time of the original inspection or shortly thereafter. Links to the follow-up inspections show how each establishment has corrected or is working to correct any remaining violations.
If an inspection or follow-up report needs clarification, restaurant and grocery store owners can call Joyce Smith at 816-234-4692 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Star will post appropriate responses online in the same online locations as the original report.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for 7 or more priority health code violations (direct links are not available):
Never miss a local story.
▪ Han Shin Japanese Steakhouse, 7254 W. 121st St., Overland Park, had 16 priority violations during a Sept. 27 routine inspection.
▪ The Levee Cafe, 239 Elm St., Lawrence, had 15 priority violations during a Sept. 29 routine inspection.
▪ Houlihan’s, 4900 W. 119th St., Leawood, had 12 priority violations during a Sept. 27 routine inspection.
▪ The Beach House, 601 E. 10th St., Eudora, had 10 priority violations during a Sept. 27 first operational inspection after licensing.
▪ Long John Silver’s/A&W, 607 E. Santa Fe., Olathe, had 10 priority violations during a Sept. 28 routine inspection.
▪ Hissho Sushi, Hen House Market, Camelot Court, 11721 Roe Ave., Leawood, had 9 priority violations during a Sept. 27 routine inspection.
▪ Lemongrass Thai Cuisine, 7316 W. 80th St., Overland Park, had 8 priority violations during a Sept. 27 follow-up inspection.
For complete Kansas health inspections, visit http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/inspection-results
The Kansas City Health Department cited these operations for 7 or more critical health code violations:
▪ U-Gene’s Deli and Pizza, 11202 N. Ambassador Drive, had 8 critical violations during a Sept. 28 routine inspection.
For complete Kansas City area reports, visit: www.inspectionsonline.us/foodsafety/mousakansascity/search.htm and search under the establishment’s name.